Lovett Upper & Lower School
The Lovett School, founded in 1926 and located along the Chattahoochee River near Atlanta, is a private K-12 school. All 162 of Lovett's 2008 graduates were admitted to four-year colleges.
As part of the Master Campus Plan, a new Upper School greeted the community at the beginning of the 2002-03 school year. The three-story Upper School features state-of-the-art classrooms, science labs, and faculty resource centers. Sharing this building with the Upper School is the new Loudermilk Student Activities Center -- home to the Glover Gymnasium, Bookstore and Campus Shop, a student lounge, and the Lions Den Cafe -- serving as a community center for Lovett's students.
In Fall 2003, a new Lower School was built on the site of the old Lower School (razed in June 2002). The school is separated into early childhood, primary, and elementary divisions. Centrally located resource classrooms serve each division and facilitate cross-curriculum planning. A new Dorothy Floyd Library, Pope Gymnasium, and art and science centers are included in this new facility.
Architect: Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott, Boston, MA
Acoustical consulting provided as a Cavanaugh Tocci Associates, Sudbury, MA, project, K. Anthony Hoover, FASA, Principal Consultant.